Crushed & Cured

Why Not Red Misket, Georgiev/Milkov, Tharacian Valley, Bulgaria, 2022


Bright yellow with green hues. Intense floral aromas complemented by grapefruit and citrus notes. Elegant and moreish on the palate, light to medium bodied with pronounced white floral character and lingering finish.

45 years old vineyards located near the village of Prolom in the region of Banya on cla sandy alluvial soils. Hand-picking of the grapes, followed by desteming, crushing and pressing. Settling of the juice followed by spontaneous alcoholic fermentation of 40 % of the volume. For the rest 60 % - 1/3 of the fermentation is spontaneous than it is inoculated with yeasts. 4 month on lees with very frequent stirring - every day in the beginning and once a week at the end.

Country: Bulgaria

Region: Thracian Valley

Vintage: 2022

Grape Variety: Red Misket

ABV: 12%

Size: 750ml 

Producer: Georgiev/Milkov