Crushed and Cured

Umbrele, Pinot Noir


Ruby red in colour. Gorgeous flavours, almost syrupy in its concentration. Dark, rich and potent, with layers of complex black cherry, raspberry and cinnamon. Deep, with pretty fruit cake and spicy aromatics.

Back in 1988, three families decided to invest in a winery in Romania, starting with 650 hectares of slightly unloved vineyards and a rusty, once state-owned winery.

100% estate grown grapes from the Dealul Uberland vineyard. The altitude here is around 250 m, with soil rich in iron oxide and loess on fractured limestone bedrock

25% of the grapes were transferred directly into 1000 Kg bins without being destemmed then sealed and put through a carbonic maceration fermentation for 10 days in order to produce the strawberry fruit part of the blend. The remaining 75% was destemmed lightly crushed and then macerated and fermented normally at 25°C in stainless steel automated fermenters. Both wines were then separately pressed and the non-carbonic maceration wine was lightly oaked for 2 months before blending.

Country: Romania

Region: Vilie Timisului

Vintage: 20

Grape Variety: Pinot Noir 

ABV: 12.5%

Size: 750ml 

Producer: Cramele Recas